- "Looks like I'll have to sort this out!"
- ―Rocky, Marion Saves the Day
Rocky is a large mobile crane that can lift heavy objects.
When Rocky first arrived on Sodor, he was ruled out as "strange" and "awkward" because of his peculiar looks and system. He was ostracized for his lack of engine and need for another engine to move him to other places along the line. In particular, Edward, who is usually kind and considerate, took Gordon too seriously when they were making fun of Rocky unfairly. However, when some pipes were let loose on the track blocking Gordon's Express, Edward soon found out how useful Rocky truly was, and they have been firm friends since.
Rocky is cool, collected and kind to other engines, particularly those in need of assistance.
- Season 1: Scruff's Scaffolding (mentioned)
- Season 2: Young Tucker (does not speak), Swan Dive (does not speak), Luke and Millie's Blue Mountain Adventure (does not speak), Aura of Menace (cameo), Henry and Kurt (cameo), Swashbuckler (cameo)
- Season 3: Marion Saves the Day, Samson, BoCo, and the Man in the Hills (cameo), Culdee Fell, Derek and the Two Faced Engines (cameo), Penn Pals (cameo), Ice Breaker (cameo)